Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:16:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable List <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: no RELENG_3 in my CVSup'd repository?

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 29-Jan-99 Charles Owens wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > distrib
> > distrib release=self
> > src-all
> > cvs-crypto
> > ports-all
> > doc-all
> >

> > This looks okay to me, but I'm not really up to snuff on this stuff.
> >
> > Is there anything that jumps out here as a reason why my CVS repository
> > doesn't seem to know about the RELENG_3 tag?  ...or other ideas about what
> > I'm doing wrong?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> > ---
> >   Charles N. Owens                               Email:  owensc@enc.edu
> >                                              http://www.enc.edu/~owensc
>
> I'm not sure when it changed, but I had to change to using the cvs-all distro
> instead of src-all, ports-all, and doc-all recently.

Thanks for the idea!  I've made the change and done another cvsup but
still nothing is extracted when I checkout with -rRELENG_3.

Any other thoughts?  I'm wondering if I should try deleting my entire
repository and pulling it down fresh.  I hate fixing things this way
though and then always wondering what was wrong (especially if I do all
that and its still broken! ;-).

BTW, my supfile now looks like this:

*default  host=cvsup3.FreeBSD.org
*default  base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default  prefix=/usr/cvs/FreeBSD
*default  release=cvs
*default  delete use-rel-suffix

cvs-all
cvs-crypto
distrib release=self

Thanks,
---
  Charles N. Owens                               Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                             http://www.enc.edu/~owensc
  Network & Systems Administrator
  Information Technology Services  "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's
  Eastern Nazarene College         best friend.  Inside of a dog it's
                                   too dark to read." - Groucho Marx