Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2017 12:46:15 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        Vasisvaran G <vasis.g@gmail.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lint(1) improvements from OpenBSD

On Tue, 2017-07-18 at 12:27 -0500, Vasisvaran G wrote:
> Hackers,
>
> I am planning to work on
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/IdeasPage#lint.281.29_improvements_from_Open
> BSD.
> Please
> do let me know if anyone has already started working on it on or
> before
> 7/21 so that duplicate effort can be avoided.

I have heard it expressed on the mailing lists in the past year or two
that we should just abandon lint completely.  I dont' think anything
was decided, but it's certainly a sentiment I agree with.  Given all
the static analysis tools available today I'm not sure lint serves any
purpose that isn't already covered by better tools.

-- Ian