Date:      Sat, 18 May 1996 17:39:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Bostic <bostic@bsdi.com>
To:        bostic@bsdi.com
Subject:   nex/nvi version 1.66 available for anonymous ftp

Version 1.66 of nex/nvi is now available.

There have been only a few changes since the last public release of nvi:

    + If a tags file has more than a single line with the same leading
      tag name, nvi now treats it as a tag referencing multiple file
      locations, and the :tagnext and :tagprev commands will move around
      between those locations.  I only know of one ctags implementation
      that produces tags files in this format, but it seems like the
      minimal approach for people building their own tags files using
      other tools.

All of the other changes were bug fixes of one form or another.  If
you're interested in a further review of the changes that have been
made, a complete change log is included with the distribution, in the
file docs/changelog.

Version 1.66 is available for anonymous ftp from the usual two sites:

	ftp.cs.berkeley.edu:ucb/4bsd/nvi.ALPHA.1.66.tar.gz
	ftp.bostic.com:pub/nvi.ALPHA.1.66.tar.gz

Note, the UC Berkeley site is likely to provide faster transfer speeds.

Please let me know if you have any problems, and thanks for using nvi!

--keith