Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 1999 07:50:14 -0700
From:      Doug <Studded@gorean.org>
To:        Shaun Jurrens <shaun@online.no>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heavily loaded nfs/amd gets stuck

Shaun Jurrens wrote:

> Studded, you might try to look at /usr/share/doc/handbook/nfs.html.  It might help to use a high quality network card and maybe track the traffic between the boxes to see if the mentioned packet problems show up.

	It's an Intel motherboard with an Intel Pro 100 built on, plugged into one
of two high quality switches running at 100 and full duplex, so I doubt
that is the problem. :)  I could sniff the traffic, but what would I be
looking for? Every DDB backtrace dies in mount() so I am inclined to think
it's not a packet problem, but I would be willing to look at just about
anything at this point.

> Just thought you might have missed the obvious.

	*Nod* That's always a possibility, NFS is definitely not my thing,
although I'm learning more and more about it as I go along. :-/

Thanks,

Doug