Date:      Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:12:33 +0100
From:      "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@offmyserver.com>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Finally, an implementation of a new FreeBSD.org

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 10:44 -0800, Murray Stokely wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 07:01:47PM +0100, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
> > Which red? The Beastie logo was an old version; a new one has been
> > uploaded. This is Chris' submission for the new logo. Ideally whatever
> > we use for the new logo should be placed there.
>
> The red used for the <h1> headers.  You updated all of the other
> colors to blue but you left the hot red section titles from the old
> design which clashes with your new cool color based design.

Ah, alright. I'll see if I can find a nice matching dark blue. The
difficult thing about these headers is that they're actually made with a
going to go through the web site and clean these sorts of old-style HTML
semantics up, remove HTML text display and formatting tags (except for
the tables) and extend the stylesheets.

After that, I'll work on de-tabulating the site, menu features, etc.

> > Which other patches are available? Are there any links? I'll take a stab
> > at cleaning up the structure of the site tomorrow and doing the dropdown
> > boxes.
>
> I think the best thing to do is to look through the archives for the
> last 3 months for posts about this from Ceri, Simon, and others.
> There are links to other designs and ideas.  That is the best way to
> see who else is working on redesigns and how best to collaborate.
> There have been nice additions posted here and there, but nothing that
> all together made a huge improvement, so there is room for people to
> come in and take stock of the different ideas that have been posted
> and integrate the best components together.
>
> http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive/2005/freebsd-www/

Certainly it appears that Ceri's work on the stylesheets for index.html
has been helpful; certainly without that we wouldn't have been able to
make some of the changes. I'll continue to dig through the mail archives
for potentially useful stuff :)

> I know that there is also some work in Perforce now, so maybe finding
> a recently built version of that work would be helpful.
>
>      - Murray

I'll take a look through Perforce soon; I've an account. Speaking of
which, between all of this, I need to set up a test box so I can
continue working on my src patches in Perforce...

Chris, are you subscribed to www@? I just did.

I'm out for the evening, but I'll take another look at the comments
tomorrow :). Let 'em loose ;)

--Devon