Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:14:23 +0800
From:      "Thomas E. Zander" <riggs@rrr.de>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Poor audio quality with festival and hw.snd.pcm0.vchans > 0

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

Hi,

Am Tue, dem 17. Dec 2002, um 18:22 +0100 Uhr schrubte Michael Nottebrock
zum Thema [Re: Poor audio quality with festival and hw.snd.pcm0.vchans > 0]:

> >Excellent!, now it works. Doing a resample to 44100 Hz the nasty sound=
=20
> >disappears.
> >Just by using "mplayer -ao oss:/dev/dsp0.3 -srate 44100 /cdrom/*avi"=20
> >everything works fine.
>=20
> Metoo. Maybe this information should be included into a=20
> package/port-message for the mplayer port.

The point is that this is not a specific mplayer problem.
I have a very similar problem on my fu**ing AC97 codec which doesn't
support different sample rates than 48kHz.
If you'd include every information on perhaps-hardware-or-other-soft-
ware-related-problem in the pkg-message file, it'd become really
huge.

Someone could write an article for the FreeBSD documentation project
that covers these issues.

Riggs

--=20
- Die Welt schl=E4ft tief schon lange Zeit | Sent with RiggiSmooth [tm] -
-- Mich nur flieht die Dunkelheit        | ------------------------- --
--- Denn per Infrarot seh ich            | just to fit your         ---
---- Die Nacht ist wirklich widerlich.   | primitive screen.       ----

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo--