Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 16:04:00 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
From:      "Michael R. Galvez" <mrg8n@cms.mail.virginia.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need help with ssh2 port

Installation of ssh1 and ssh2 fail with "Stop. ***Error
code 1

I am using 3.3 release on a PC platform AMD-k62, 64m RAM. I
have checked the following:

rsaref-2.0 is installed, ssh-1.2.27.tar.gz and
ssh-2.0.13.tar.gz are in /usr/ports/distfiles.  The
Makefile references a patch {DISTNAME}-bsd.tty.chown with a
path name of http://www.ssh.fi./sshprotocols2/patches/

You can't get there from here (Forbidden). Is this path
valid? I noticed an earlier post where autoconf and
automake were problems for someone else so I even tried
deinstalling them prior to trying to make ssh. No luck. Any
Ideas?

 * Michael Galvez                  Email:  mrg8n@virginia.edu  *
 * Programmer/Analyst     Messenger Mail:  Carruthers Hall     *
 * Financial Analysis             Office:  804-982-2975        *
 * University of Virginia                                      *