Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:55:54 +0100
From:      sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor])
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD (USB) on Fujitsu-Siemens C1010

I have on my desk a Fujitsu-Siemens C1010 machine, and I'm having
trouble getting USB to work on both 4.6.2-RELEASE and 4.7-RELEASE.
Here's the dmesg output:

uhci0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> port 0x1200-0x121f irq 9 at device 17.2 on pc
i0
usb0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhci1: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> port 0x1300-0x131f irq 9 at device 17.3 on pc
i0
usb1: cannot stop
usb1: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci1
usb1: USB revision 1.0
uhub1: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

A USB attaches fine: moused recognizes the mouse, but then doesn't
seem to receive any data from it.  When I attach a USB floppy, I get this:

umass0: TEAC     TEAC FD-05PUB   , rev 1.00/0.00, addr 2
umass0: CBI reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-in stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-out stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-in stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-out stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-in stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-out stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-in stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-out stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-in stall clear failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: CBI bulk-out stall clear failed, TIMEOUT

(Both devices have been tested on another FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE system
and work fine there.)

There don't seem to be any configuration options for the USB ports in
the BIOS.

Any ideas?

[Small consolation: the Linux users report USB problems also.]

--
Cheers =8-} Mike