Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:22:50 +0100
From:      Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   vmware and PROMISC

Vmware2 is running fine on my 4.7FBSD. At compile time 'bridged' - on
starting up 'host-only' - and voila, my old windows98 virtual disk of
two years back came up, running smoothly..

I have *one* question though. I had always understood that an
ethernetcard in PROMISC mode was (and is) kind of an unsafe state.
Now, vmware uts the card in PROMISC mode deliberately.
Is this harmfull? Only on the interal interface? Or what? ;-)
Thanks for any info.

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.7 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)