Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:43:49 +0100
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTPD speed/status listing??

Steven Lake wrote:

>         Hi all.  I'm currently using FTPD on one of our servers and I'm
> looking for a simple way to interactively track users who are currently
> logged into FTP.  I want to be able to see what files they're currently
> downloading/uploading and how fast they're transfering data at.  I've seen
> a similar option on a windows based FTP program called Serv-U that allows
> you to track online users interactively.  I'm wanting to be able to do
> that from the console as well with FTPD.  Anyone got any ideas?

Probably someone here will come up with a better suggestion, but... There
is a server called ProFTPD which has a command: ftpwho that lists online
users and so on:

SYNOPSIS
       ftpwho

DESCRIPTION
       The ftpwho  command  shows  process  information  for  all
       active  proftpd  connections, and a count of all connected
       users off of each server.  Proftpd sesssions spawned  from
       inetd  are counted seperately from those created by a mas-
       ter proftpd standalone server.

OPTIONS
[deleted rows]
       -v,--verbose
                   Reports  additional  information for each con-
                   nection, such as the remote host  and  current
                   working directory.

Best regards,
Paul