Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 17:42:49 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: latest bt848 code

Steve Passe:
 |> Just about to work on updating fxtv for the latest driver rev.  In the
 |> process now of scanning the list trying to determine where the latest
 |> version is.  So far, sounds like the Bt848 home page (?).
 |
 |Both checked in to freefall 3.0-current and on the web page.  Note that
 |the tarball on the web page has a patch file in it, but it has already been
 |applied.

Steve, here's kudos for a great driver release!  No matter how hard I try,
I can't get it to lock my system up (with previous versions it was pretty
easy).  Looks like I'll soon feel safe mounting my my /share drive rw
again. :-)

Also, as you/Amancio mentioned, this does indeed fix the problems I was
seeing with stop/restart.  It works consistently now.  (More
cheers/applause).

And added tuner control is very nice.  One thing I'm a bit puzzled about
though.  When I switch the TV input/channels using xtvremote, the video
tracks with what I'm doing, but the audio (sound card audio mini-plug
output to sound card) stays tracking with the Ext 1 Input's Audio (i.e. the
audio for the RCA video/audio inputs on the Wincast).

Haven't looked into this yet.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Randall