Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:00:57 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mail.cz>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, pmn <pmn@manotom.tomica.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gde vzjt% FreeBSD???

At 05:55 8/28/2001, Kris Kennaway wrote the following:
>On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 11:34:22AM +0700, pmn wrote:
>> Dobryj den% (vecer, noc% i t.d.)!
>> Uvazaemye gospoda!
>> Izvinjjs% za svoj glupyj vopros, no ne mogli by vy mne poskazat% konkretnyj
>> adres gde mozno vzjt% distributiv FreeBsd v Internete.
>> Poldnj provedennyh v poiske jtogo distributiva ne uvencalis% uspehami. A
>> ocen% zal%. Tak hocetsj postavit% i porabotat%.
>>
>> Nadejs% na vasu pomos%, zaranee spasibo.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/4.3-install.iso

Pozalujsta. :)

>> P.S. Zelatel%no servacok gde-nibud% v Rossii i ne sil%no nagruzennyj.
>
>In English, please?

If I understand the mail correctly (my Russion isn't what it used
to be), the poster said they looked for a downloadable version of
FreeBSD, and couldn't find one. They're asking where they can get
it. There's more to it, but I can't understand the rest.

This is a common question on newbies@ and questions@, and I must
say I also had problems finding the ISOs. It took me some time of
poking around the FTP server before I finally found them. Why are
they hidden so well? Is it so that the folks at the mailing lists
don't get bored? :)