Date:      Thu, 4 May 2000 17:44:40 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Carl Johan Madestrand <calle.madestrand@norrgarden.se>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KVirc

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 12:33:28PM +0200, Carl Johan Madestrand wrote:
> Dont know if it is just me, but the latest version of KVirc installed
> from ports of course just locks up after awhile every time I start it and I have
> to forcibly kill the PID.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Im running 4.0 STABLE.

[ with irc/kvirc port maintainer hat on ]

Unfortunately, kvirc doesn't know how to do reentrant nslookups (i.e.
nonblocking) without threads. And it doesn't do non-reentrant nslookups
correctly either, as far as I can tell.

I'm assuming your problem occurs after you click on "connect" or something
like that and the server argument is a dns host.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>