Date:      Sat, 29 Oct 2022 15:48:01 +0200
From:      Stanislaw Adaszewski <s.adaszewski@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: TPM2 Support in bootloader / kernel in order to retrieve GELI passphrase
References:  <CADxsEsRbt6xj1TOHVMMC3jhT%2BCfqZqX479JvdNyM31eAQh1%2BtA@mail.gmail.com> <CANCZdfphx9ZwL4j1deR9LLMBTatqVH%2B_PtkGp8ReQtWzp6T24Q@mail.gmail.com> <CADxsEsQKWrt5w%2B-Xo11QnDb_z5j%2BXkxC5q09%2BZnbMX1VLwAwYA@mail.gmail.com> <CADxsEsSiWF2W9axytK_QXyS-_rEABuOoCJCAku19kF%2B-GxAmBw@mail.gmail.com> <CADxsEsQ0hrPSfEXE4Dt28AWt9mWHu-qieYo0jpnMie=VeRZHnA@mail.gmail.com> <CADxsEsTDfzJS0e0M8Cqyd_P%2BjRwiU5NJg8VOEd0mgOV=kLuqgQ@mail.gmail.com>

Since for the moment there does not seem to be that much
traction for integrating it upstream, I have created a separate
Git repository:

https://github.com/sadaszewski/freebsd-patch-geli-password-from-tpm2

which can somewhat intelligently patch any FreeBSD source
tree and allows to build the TPM2-passphrase-aware bootloader
and kernel.

I hope this will facilitate use by people who actually
want/need it. I will also start putting some unit tests in there,
in particular for the TPM code using swtpm +
libtss2-tcti-swtpm - hopefully in the future all of it can be
mostly test-covered.

Soon, I will also throw in some scripts that automate the
TPM2 setup.

Best regards,

--
S.