Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2012 15:15:43 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   CentOS based linux_base port in ports

Hi,

I committed the CentOS based linux_base port. It's not yet connected to
the ports build, as I haven't found all source RPMs yet (missing are the
source RPMs for the compat-* and *stdc++* and may one or two other
RPMs). This is a prio 1 item for this port, when we have this we can
add it to emulation/Makefile. I try to devote some time to this, but if
someone is able to spend 5 minutes now to search for the source RPMs, I
(or someone else with enough knowledge about the linux_base ports) can
connect it to the ports-build faster.

Some other TODOs are in the port-Makefile. Any help is appreciated.

And for those which want to give it a try: be warned, this is highly
experimental (= the kernel does not provide all syscalls which are
needed, but we do not know on which syscalls it depends, so any
report with a recent 8/9-stable or -current is welcome).

Bye,
Alexander.