Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 17:51:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jwd@unx.sas.com (John W. DeBoskey)
Cc:        grog@lemis.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Awfulhak.com (was pdksh)

> Reporting-MTA: dns; lamb.sas.com
> Received-From-MTA: DNS; mozart.unx.sas.com
> Arrival-Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 09:22:16 -0400 (EDT)
>
> Final-Recipient: RFC822; brian@Awfulhak.org
> Action: failed
> Remote-MTA: DNS; awfulhak.org
> Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 <brian@Awfulhak.org>... we do not relay jwd@unx.sas.c
> om
> Last-Attempt-Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 09:22:28 -0400 (EDT)

Pretty obvious.  The machine "lamb.sas.com" believes that the destination
is external to sas.com, and that the source is not a machine on the local
net.

It believes this because the getpeername(3) + gethostbyaddr(3) show
a machine with the wrong name as the source.

Fix your DNS entries for the source machine, specifically the reverse
maps, and/or fix "lamb.sas.com" to open holes for IP address ranges
for which it is responsible and/or correctly configure the machines
which are designated MX's for awfulhak.org to axtuall "X" the "M" for
the hosted domain.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---