Date:      Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:48:37 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Arvind Nahata <arvindnahata@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.4 on FreeBSD 5.4

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 10:56:12PM -0700, Arvind Nahata wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone please point me to the steps to
> downloading, installing and using JDK 1.4 on FreeBSD
> 5.4?

it's in the ports. This means that you should make sure your ports tree
is up-to-date with cvsup, and then:

    # cd /usr/ports/java/jdk14
    # make
    <Follow instructions>

You may have to do the previous command a couple of times, but once the
build completes, you can then do a:

    # make install clean

At which point, I suggest you then remove the linux-jdk, linuxalator ports
which may have been installed as well.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
  If you're right 90% of the time, why quibble about the remaining 3%?