Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:48:29 +0100
From:      Jeroen van der Ham <jeroen@dckd.nl>
To:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading XENHVM 9.0 to 9.1

Hi,

Today I started with an upgrade process of my VPS which has been running =
9.0 XENHVM almost a full year. I followed the process as outlined on the =
Handbook[1]. I may have made a mistake in placing back the right old =
kernel, but a new GENERIC kernel did not get installed.

I was able to boot into the 9.1 system using my old 9.0 XENHVM kernel. I =
have been trying to fix this, but I keep running into problems:

- I manually downloaded and extracted the 9.1 GENERIC kernel. Booting =
from that results in a rootmount mismatch (ada0 vs ad0). Just renaming =
it in /etc/fstab does not seem to be enough, what else would I need to =
do?

- I manually built a new 9.1 XENHVM kernel. Booting from that results in =
the message: "pudna: fpcurthread =3D=3D curthread xx times" scrolling =
by. What can I do to fix that?

Is there a problem in continuing to run the 9.0 XENHVM kernel with the =
9.1 system?

Thanks for any help,
Jeroen.

[1]: =