Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 1999 14:49:10 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sound on Toshiba 4010 CDT

Well, i've tried various combinations of the following options:

controller snd0
device sb0
#device sbmidi0
device opl0
#device mpu0
#device css0
#device pcm0
#device sbmidi0

Most simply do not compile, but right now i have one that does.  (The one
shown here).  However, when I play Xgalaga and toggle sound on, it says
can't open /dev/dsp.. something broken.  I try MAKEDEV snd, and the script
does something, but when i then ls the /dev directory, there is still no
snd0 device anywhere.  What am i doing wrong?

Running 3.3 Stable

-jm