Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 18:04:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@wam.umd.edu>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 3.0b2 [More Info!]

On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 	Its not working over here either.  I'm running the standard X with
> -stable (X11R6...XFree?) on an ATI Mach64 4MB VRAM PCI Video card.  Netscape
> 3.0 comes up, but applets don't work.

The problem is definitely the Xserver (or the Xserver's interaction
with -current?, or something)...

Here is what I did folks:

1: Downloaded Netscape 3.0b2 for OSF/1
2: Ran one netscape from the Alpha to itself (24bpp)
3: Ran one netscape from the Alpha to a NetBSD Box (8bpp)
4: Ran one netscape from the Alpha to my FreeBSD Box (8bpp).

The Java apps ran in all cases, except when the display was set to my
FreeBSD box...  As far as I can tell:

XF86_S3, XF86_M64(?)			are not working
Xaccell, other XF86 3.12 server		are working

Sujal