Date:      Sun, 7 Apr 1996 19:06:25 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        jmb@freefall.freebsd.org (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tape drive FAQ

As Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> 	sounds like a very good idea!
>
> 	please takea look at what i have in mind below and see if
> 	it meshes with your ideas.

> +   <sect2><heading>* SCSI</heading>
> +     <sect3><heading>* QIC (Quarter-Inch Cartridge)</heading>

I thought the asterisks could go away if the section becomes
populated?

> with FreeBSD as shipped from the factory.  Two kernel one-line
> kernel patches are required.  The drive delivers excellent

The patches should be integrated.  Make the hint ``temporary'', so
people know that it's being worked on.

> throughput, 370kB/sec with <tt>dump(8)</tt>.

Apart from this, go for it!

I've got a submission from someone i've been helping to get his
Exabyte 2501 (mini-QIC SCSI) drive running, and would commit this
later on, as well as giving as much information about QIC and HP-DAT
as i can scratch out of my mind.

--
cheers, J"org