Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 17:11:20 -0500
From:      "Yarema" <yds@ingress.com>
To:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems with make aout-to-elf-buld

>While trying to do a make aout-to-elf-build I'm getting this error:
>
>===> sys/modules/atapi
>@ -> /usr/src/sys
>machine -> /usr/src/sys/i386/include
>echo "#define NWDC 2" > wdc.h
>echo "#define ATAPI 1"> opt_atapi.h
>cc -O -pipe -DATAPI_MODULE  -DKERNEL -Wreturn-type -Wcomment
>-Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit  -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes
>-Wmissing-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wuninitialized -Wformat
>-fformat-extensions -ansi -DKLD_MODULE -nostdinc -I- -I/usr/obj/elf/usr/src
/sys/modules/atapi
>-I/usr/obj/elf/usr/src/sys/modules/atapi/@ -I/usr/obj/elf/usr/src/tmp/usr/i
nclude -c
>/usr/src/sys/modules/atapi/../../i386/isa/atapi.c
>gensetdefs atapi.o
>gensetdefs: not found
>*** Error code 1
>

>Any ideas?

Yeah, I ran into the same problem last night. For some reason
/usr/obj/aout/usr/src/usr.bin/gensetdefs/gensetdefs doesn't get installed
into /usr/obj/aout/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin/

After manually copying the file and running

make -DNOCLEAN aout-to-elf-build

I got past that hurdle although I still wasn't able to do a 2.2.7-STABLE to
3.0-CURRENT aout-to-elf upgrade in one shot. I settled for installing a
3.0-CURRENT aout and converting to elf once I'm more familiar with 3.0 :(

--
Yarema