Date:      Sat, 21 Jan 2012 21:00:59 +0100
From:      "tom@diogunix.com" <tom@diogunix.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        gelraen.ua@gmail.com
Subject:   databases/mysql-workbench52

Dear all,

I've stumbled across a weird issue with building the databases/mysql-
workbench52 port on a brandnew / fresh FreeBSD 9 RELEASE machine:

/usr/ports/databases/mysql-workbench52# make install
===>  mysql-workbench-oss52-5.2.1_5 cannot install: does not work with MySQL
version 55 (MySQL 41 55 not supported).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql-workbench52.

MySQL 55 Client and Server indeed are present on that machine as I just
installed KDE4 on that machine. MySQL 55 seems to be kind of mandatory for
the increasingly fat KDE4 .

On the other hand, I could nowhere on the web find any further hints that
MySQL 55 really bites Workbench 52 oder Workbench 51.

Thus, I'd just like to ask you whether the above mentioned incompatibility
really is existent.

If true, are there any ways around the issue ?

kind regards
Tom