Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 1996 10:36:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        green@wisdom.weizmann.ac.il (Greenstein Jacob)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Could someone help me?

> How can I dedicate serial port (more precisely, modem) to serve dial-up
> uucp requests only provided I am not able to run PPP or SLIP other this
> port and use uucpd?

You can't "designate a port" like this.

Typically, you specify one of the uucp programs for the shell for
UUCP dialin accounts.  There isn't accounting control to prevent
people from logging in on particular port ranges... specifically,
you're screwed if it's a terminal server or something like that,
where the line-to-port assignment varies in the connection from the
server to the host machine.

Other than that, there's secrecy: don't give out the UUCP phone number.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.