Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 08:57:47 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@nebula.tbe.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   stuck console

On exit from X last night my vty console did not recover. Normally I login
via vty0 and launch startx. Am running the XF86_Mach64 server.

Today, I telent'ed in from another system and launched startx. So for now
I'm functioning without having to reboot. Alt-F[1-4] do nothing. The
Scroll Lock key does nothing. Any way to reset the text console?

PeeCee: {1003} uptime
 8:53AM  up 53 days, 22 hrs, 3 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.03, 0.00
PeeCee: {1004} uname -a
FreeBSD PeeCee.tbe.com 2.2.5-STABLE FreeBSD 2.2.5-STABLE #0: Thu Feb  5 09:24:45 CST 1998     root@PeeCee.tbe.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/PEECEE  i386
PeeCee: {1005}

Would like to continue my 53 day streak (not really unusual) if possible.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@nebula.tbe.com