Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 22:53:29 -0500
From:      "David J. Kanter" <david.kanter@mindspring.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apsfilter ports don't work

I've tried both apsfilter ports, and neither work.

Version 6: Seems OK, but no /usr/local/apsfilter/SETUP program is made. With
no program, there's no way to create a /etc/printcap.

Version 5: This is odd. First, I get an error about md5 and Makefile no
being up to date, and if I want to override this to make with the option
NO_CHECKSUM=yes. OK, so I do that. But then during the install, I get this:

===>  Installing for apsfilter-5.4.2
===>   apsfilter-5.4.2 depends on executable: recode - found
===>   apsfilter-5.4.2 depends on executable: gs - found
===>   apsfilter-5.4.2 depends on executable: a2ps - found
===>   apsfilter-5.4.2 depends on executable: psnup - found
make update
mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter
mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter/bin
mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter/filter
mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter/global
mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter/lib
mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter/setup
mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter/template
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/doc/apsfilter
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/apsfilter/work/apsfilter.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/apsfilter/work/apsfilter.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/apsfilter.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/apsfilter.