Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:34:36 -0500
From:      Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Technology means nothing (GSM vs. CDMA)

Regardless of whichever is better, we all know that superior technology by
itself is seldom a reason for anybody to implement anything, and it has
probably never led to such technology having market dominance.  Low-cost,
ease of implementation, rapid availability--these are the things that
ultimately sell.

Besides, who wants to carry a bunch of SIMM chips around with their
cellular phones too. ;-)

--Chip Morton