Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 11:31:08 +0300
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: not working wx0 gigabit interface.

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 12:22:24PM +0300, Danny Braniss wrote:
> > In message <20010418202807.C41847@skriver.dk>you write:
> > }On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 01:57:09PM +0300, Danny Braniss wrote:
> > }> hi,
> > }> 	Im having strange problems with Intel GigaBit Ethernet, both WISEMAN an
> > }d
> > }> LIVENGOOD.
> > }> on a Dell PowerEdge 2450 both cards work fine.
> > }> on an Intel STL2:
> > }> 	LIVENGOOD is recognized, ifconfig'ed but no traffic.
> > }> 	WISEMAN 'works' in the 32bit slot, and gives several
> > }> 		'wx0: receive sequence error'.
> > }> 	in the 64bit pci slot, it's recognized, but like with LIVENGOOD, no tra
> > }ffic.
> > }
> > }Try
> > }
> > } http://www.flugsvamp.com/~jlemon/fbsd/drivers/Intel_Gigabit/
> > }
> > thanks,
> > 	it now works for both cards, but only in the 32bit pci.
> > any reason why i can't get it to work on the 64bit pci?
>
> Hmm, it should work.  I have one in an a 64 bit slot in an alpha
> here.  I'll move it over to a 64bit slot in a i386 machine and
> try that out.

i just recompiled a freshly cvsuped 4.3, and there is a slight chamge in
the wx behaviour, it starts ok, but under heavy load it freezes, this does not
happen if it's in the 32bit slot. btw, the 'wx0: receive sequence error' seems
to have been fixed.

with the latest gx, in the 32bit pci all is ok, on the 64bit pci

	1- it got to print gx0: link up
and after a short while, arp started to complain that some hosts
where changing mac, it seems to me the driver is screwing up the packet's mac
since the change was only in the last byte of the mac (most of the macs were
non-existan)