Date:      Sat, 28 Dec 1996 14:50:00 -0600
From:      Randy DuCharme <randyd@nconnect.net>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   starting 2nd cpu

Greetings,

I think I'm a bit confused as to what exactly it is I need to enable
SMP.  I've gotten the SMP sources via sup (cvsup) as per
http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/smp.html.  I've also cvsupped the entire
3.0 source tree and, while this eliminated the 'bad register name'
errors, and allowed me to build the kernel, rebooting and doing (single,
or multi-user) a sysctl -w kern.smp_active=2 returns "unknown oid
'kern.smp_active'.  Please forgive me if this is a really stupid
question, but... just what tree(s) exactly do I need to grab??

Thanks
Randy