Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:17:46 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Peng HaiJie <phj@www.transfar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why send me such a long e-mail(63161kb)?

Peng HaiJie wrote:

> How do you do! Mr. Mike,I got  a  mail at 01/11/99 15:22 .
> Its length  is 63161kb

63 MB. You're taking the piss, right?

> Does it means that there is someone
> want to crash my mail  account? I really do not know why he
> did that!!

He didn't, at least, the copy of the message you quote below was nothing
out of the ordinary. did it ever occur to you that it could be your setup
at fault?

(Why did you have to send this message to three different addresses
belonging to Mike? wouldn't one have done?)

> [208.214.165.156]) by
>             hub.freebsd.org (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id SAA1quately
> dynamic,
>             unfortunately.

What the hell have you done to those headers? I'm afraid I won't take
anyone at all seriously if they can't even quote a message properly.

HTH.

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk