Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 12:15:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        Kenneth Merry <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Just noticed this

> > bktr0: <BrookTree 848> rev 0x11 int a irq 18 on pci0.18.0
> > Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Temic PAL tuner.
> >                             ^^^
> 	So I think something is wrong with the driver.  Has anyone out
> there had any success with the bt848 driver and -current?
>
> Ken
> --

No, but I am using a bt848 from early/middle June with 2.2.2-R and no
problems.

BUT: I had the same problem with the probe incorrectly detecting. It seems
the addresses have changed on more recent card (mine is a few months old).

Although I remmember someone (Steve Passe??) posting a diff for
TUNER_OVERRIDE, I must have not put it into the driver or upgraded to a
newer one and lost TUNER_OVERIDE.

So, for the time being, I do the following:

In /sys/pci/brooktree848.c:
under

i2c things, I change the order of the probed addresses, so that
PHILIPS_NTSC_WADDR 0xc2
PHILIPS_NTSC_RADDR 0xc3

And under "const struct TUNER tuners[]=...."

{ "PHILIPS_NTSC....

Change the fourth hex number to 0xc2.

After I did that, my card now happily probes as PHILIPS NTSC.

Good luck.

Bernie