Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 1995 15:01:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      julian@tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
To:        fredriks@mcs.com (Lars Fredriksen)
Cc:        phk@ref.tfs.com, julian@tfs.com, fbsd@clem.systemsix.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org, moto@CS.cmu.edu, tinguely@plains.nodak.edu
Subject:   Re: Problems with 2940 and 950210snap

st has changed quite a bit since then
it may not quite handle status info for other drives correctly any more..
it MIGHT, but then again it may not..
the actual work of merging will not be hard.
just the work of checking the logic will be 90% of it..
I'm sure it will correctly do rewinds etc. for non scsi drives,
it's just the status stuff.

julian