Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 18:08:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
Cc:        Sujal Patel <smpatel@wam.umd.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 3.0b2 - Problem Found!

On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 	Its not working over here either.  I'm running the standard X with
> -stable (X11R6...XFree?) on an ATI Mach64 4MB VRAM PCI Video card.  Netscape
> 3.0 comes up, but applets don't work.

    FreeBSD 2.1.0R, XF312D (beta Mach64 server), ATI Graphics Pro
Turbo, 2MB VRAM, 1280x1024x8bpp mode, running "Netscape Navigator
Atlas Preview Release 1" here.  The coffee cup animation at
java.sun.com works fine for me.  I did get a "Could not allocate
background colour" error dialog the first time I brought up the Java
console, but nothing that caused Netscape to crash.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
System and Network Administrator, Internex Online Inc.