Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 1996 15:41:10 -0500
From:      "Tim M. Kelley" <tkelley@cy.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1 install problem (failed to load ROOT distribution)

At 09:17 AM 1/12/96 -0800, you wrote:

>> I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.1 (on CD from Walnut Creek). Unfortunately,
>> I have an IDE CDROM drive, and the installation software isn't recognizing
>> my CD. (I've got 2 IDE drives, one IDE CD configured as master on secondary
>> IDE ribbon).
>
>does the kernel on the ATAPI floppy also not recognise your drive?

No the ATAPI floppy does not recognise the drive. I should say here,
however, that in the boot sequence after the two lines for wd0 and two lines
for wd1, there is a line for wc1, but the second line for wc1 doesn't
appear. For wd0 and wd1, that second line shows the drive type and
configuration.

I didn't mention it in my last post, but the PC has a PCI bus, if that makes
any difference.