Date:      Sun, 09 Dec 2001 16:29:26 -0500
From:      Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        joe <joe.lawrence@business-aid.net>, "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: error ethostbyname

At 13:25 2001/12/09 -0800, joe wrote:
>hi again i put apache in my computer on my freebsd computer and when i
>went to un it it game me nothing ... so when i went to check the
>http-error.log file  it said
>9)(ALERT) mod_unique_id: unable to gethostbyname
>("example.ab.hsia.telus.net")
>so what should or was sappose to do to not have this happen!
>thanx joe

In your /etc/hosts file, you'll have to add your machine's IP address. At
present, it probably has something like
127.0.0.1     localhost
So under that add, if, for example, your machine's ipaddress is
192.168.100.1 and is called
machine.localdomain
192.168.100.1          machine.localdomain

HTH
Scott