Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 05:11:05 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where is the FreeBSD Mozilla CVS server?

At 4:23 AM -0500 4/10/98, John Birrell wrote:
>Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>> Because I didn't want it to be part of the standard CVS repository,
>> for obvious reasons (it doesn't belong there), and that meant creating
>> a new repository wherever there was sufficient space to host it.
>> Bento had sufficient space. :)
>
>Why doesn't it belong in the standard CVS repository?
>It's just another src/contrib. 8-)

Jordan is right on this one.

The short answer to your question is "bloat".
When seen from the viewpoint of the server community, I have absolutely
no interest in a strictly user program. In the same way, I don't want "X"
in the same tree. There is nothing wrong with the model of separate trees
for separate functionality. Just as you can "pick and choose" from a set
of distribution files, an individual's CVS tree can be the union of CVS
distributions.

And those who are not interested in some collection can simply ignore its
existance.

Richard Wackerbarth