Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 19:04:35 -0500
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SUP

Warner Losh wrote in message ID
<E0w9ywG-0005eY-00@rover.village.org>:
> I understand that.  It might have been nice to give warning.  However,
> I do understand how a volunteer organization works and am not too
> upset.

In Jordan's defence, we DID give warning. We announced that the sup
server on Freefall was going to be `core/committers only' (maybe major
mirrors too) and be depreciated fast because of the load it was
putting poor old freefall under. There are (or were) to the best of my
knowledge, other SUP servers that were put forward for public use that
were not under our control. The status of those other servers today I
am not sure of.

Unfortunately, it seems a bit like our `grab the gammas folks and beat
the living daylights out of them so we can make a good release' pleas,
it fell on deaf ears.

Gary