Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 14:52:49 +0100 (BST)
From:      Scott Mitchell <rsm@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Y2K

David C. Frye said:
>I am currently considering installing either FreeBSD or Debian LINUX on my
>PC. Can you tell me if FreeBSD is Y2K compliant. I know that Debian LINUX's
>2.0 version is and also has a program called "hwclock" that will unable an
>individual to run Debian LINUX after the year 2000 on older ix86
>motherboards and still maintain Y2K compliance. I am unable to find any Y2K
>information on FreeBSD on the FreeBSD website.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but WTH is *wrong* with the
people who are forever asking this question?  There's a handy-dandy
'Search' button right at the top of the main FreeBSD web page.  Clicking
that, then entering any of the following into the 'Web Pages' search (also
right near the top of the page) will produce the Y2K statement as the
*first hit*:

Y2K
Y2K Bug
Y2K Problem
Y2K Statement
Year 2000
Year 2000 Bug
Year 2000 Problem
Year 2000 Statement

I expect many other re-phasings of the query would work as well.  How you
can be '...unable to find any Y2K information on FreeBSD on the FreeBSD
website.' when about five seconds of effort will lead you straight to it is
beyond me.

Anyway, that's my rant over.  I'm sure someone else in a better mood then
me answered the guy's question.

	Scott