Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:54:55 +0100
From:      HERBELOT Thierry <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        Mark Szlaga <mszlaga@engin.umd.umich.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A few quick questions...

Mark Szlaga wrote:

> Greetings,
>    I have a couple of quick questions...
>
> 1. How can one access an extended partition on the hdd.

they exist as wd0s5, wd0s6, ... (on an IDE disk)
(wd0s1 to wd0s4 being the "real" partitions of your disk)

> 2. Linux has a feature called ide-scsi which is a transport for programs like
> cdrecord to be able to use IDE CD-R and CD-RW burners.  Is there such a beast
> in FreeBSD, or is there another solution that would work with IDE burners?

The acd driver of 3.1-Release should work with Atapi CD-Rom burners (I
don't have tried this)

> 3. back in 2.2.x there was an interface to support a floppy tape (ft0)
> which I need to access my Iomega Ditto Easy 3200.  I saw in some of
> the FreeBSD documentation that this is an unsupported feature, and was
> just wondering how to enable it.

I'm afraid the flopy tape driver is suffering from severe bit rot and
thus is deprecated. (but volunteers are welcome)

	TfH