Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 11:56:34 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stefan.bethke@hanse.de>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Seti project / stats reset, new version available

Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

>     For people who have idle cpu to spare, this is a good time to start
>     putting those cycles to good use with the Seti project!  The project
>     has been running a beta test for a while, but as of May 13th 1999 =
they
>     reset the stats and introduced new clients for Unix, Windows, and =
the
>     Mac.
>
>     I recommend that FreeBSDrs download the FreeBSD3.1 client, even if
>     you are running 4.x, so our stats do not split up.  If you are
>     already running the seti client, you need to download a new rev!

I've just updated the port to v1.1.

Beware, however: all versions for FreeBSD try to invoke /usr/lib/sendmail
to send mail, instead of /usr/sbin/sendmail.  A fix is in the works, or so
I am told by the relevant SETI@home people.

Stefan

--
M=FChlendamm 12           |  Voice +49-40-256848, +49-177-3504009
D-22089 Hamburg         |  e-mail: stefan.bethke@hanse.de