Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:36:32 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        "Michael A. Alestock" <michaela@maa-net.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Qpopper with SSL

--aT9PWwzfKXlsBJM1

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 04:10:32AM -0500, Michael A. Alestock wrote:
> I run FreeBSD v4.8.
>=20
> I'm trying to figure out how to compile the Qpopper port with SSL support=
=2E=A0 The Qpopper website (Eudora.com) only shows how to compile SSL suppo=
rt in Qpopper if you're running Linux.=A0
>=20
> I tried something like, "make install variable=3Dwith openssl" ... and se=
veral other guesses.=A0 Any suggestions?

The qpopper port enables SSL support by default -- you have to define
'WITHOUT_SSL' specifically to turn it off.  You can get a summary of
all of the tunables for that port by:

    # make pre-everything

Note that the comment in the Makefile that says: '# The default is to
build without SSL/TLS support.' is actually contrary to what the code
does. =20

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20