Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:39:48 +0100
From:      Adam PAPAI <wooh@wooh.hu>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Maximum throughput ? limit?

Dear List,

I feel my freebsd box is reaching his limits.

I'm doing load-balance with a pf (round-robin + NAT) in front of 3 web
and 3 database servers. Everything works fine with 100-120MBit/s, but if
it reaches over 150MBit/s to 200MBit/s or even 300MBit/s, the
connections are stucked, nobody can connect to the server.

I checked it via "nload". And every time it goes over 150MBit/s it stars
to drop some connections.

I have 40,000 connections at the same time.

Could it be because the pf? I mean it reaches some maximum throughput?

When i'm running the iperf from inside the NAT, it does only
300-400MBit/s, but if I'm running it from the firewall itself, it does
600-700 (it depends on the traffic). The servers are connected to each
other via GBit.

Thanks in advance,

--
Adam PAPAI