Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 12:34:09 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        bsdi-probleme@genua.de
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can I mount FreeBSD ufs fs's with BSDI and vice versa ?

On Sun, Mar 30, 1997 at 10:10:55PM +0200, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> 	[ My BSDI host ID is: 407004174, demo version ]

Well, what I found out yesterday evening is, that you can't mount
a BSDI 3.0 filesystem on a FreeBSD-current system.

I think the basic problem is, that the disklabel format of both
OS's are different. When running disklabel on the BSDI 3.0 disk
sd2, then disklabel tells you so.

Bad luck. I'll try the other way around, but I think it's also not
possible ...

Would it be a very big effort, to create something like a compatibility
mode, that enables you to mount filesystems from other flavours of BSD ?

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de