Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2004 07:46:11 -0600
From:      "Edwin L. Culp" <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        Derrick Edwards <dantavious@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SKYPE Sound Problems

Quoting Derrick Edwards <dantavious@comcast.net>:

> On Monday 22 November 2004 07:29 am, Alexander@Leidinger.net wrote:
> Sorry for the delay...
> I have sound configured configured in my kernel. Sound works
> perfectly for all
> other apps. Skype is only program that does not recognize device. Do you or
> anyone else have it working?
> Thanks for your assistance.
> Dantavious

Skype can be frustrating.  I've been using it for a while and to get it
working
properly, I had to change from the on-board via sound to real sound cards on
several machines.  It now works wonderfully.  I'm only using it with current
but with different sound cards.  Each is enabled in the machines loader.conf.
I'm using kde and don't know how much of a difference that might make.  You
might want to look at http://forum.skype.com/bb/ and do a freebsd and other
search.  I found some interesting sysctl suggestions, that I didn't actually
need in the end but you might just get lucky. :)

Good luck, in my opinion it is worth the work.

ed