Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:39:58 -0500
From:      "Doug Poland" <dpoland@execpc.com>
To:        <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Allocating contiguous memory with 3.1-RELEASE

Hello all...

I'm still trying to install Sybase (for Linux) on FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE.
My latest problem seems to be my inability to allocate a large,
contiguous chunk of physical memory.  The Sybase documentation says I
need about 15MB to load the Sybase kernel,  and I quote...

	"For SQL Server to run, the operating system kernel must be
	configured to allow allocation of a shared memory segment
	at least as large as the SQL Server total memory parameter,
	which defaults to 15MB (7500 2K pages)."

How does one go about this in FreeBSD?   BTW, I have 48MB RAM.

Thank you VERY much.

--
Doug Poland
dpoland@execpc.com