Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:22:05 -0500
From:      Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, mjna@mail.telepac.pt, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, articles@daemonnews.org
Subject:   Re: Gartner on Linux and FreeBSD

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 02:43:03AM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Uh, am I missing something?
>
> 	"FreeBSD protects your intellectual property; use Linux
> 	 instead, because you don't want that for some strange
> 	 reason."

The entire review / comparison / whatever struck me that way. I'm not sure
why this report was generated, but it has an air of having been compulsory.

On the bright side, it sorta says good things about BSD, I guess. The "numbers"
were obviously in our favour.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped