Date:      Wed, 04 Oct 95 16:39:34 GMT
From:      "gj%pcs.dec.com@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com" <garyj@rks32.pcs.dec.com>
To:        questions%freebsd.org@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Cc:        current%freebsd.org@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Subject:   Re: gdb problem?  libraries, perhaps?

Raoul Golan wrote:

> raoul@pogo[36]: /cdrom/usr/bin/gcc -g mytest.c
>
> raoul@pogo[36]: /cdrom/usr/bin/gdb a.out
> GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
> under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
> GDB 4.13 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
> Copyright 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/home/raoul/test/a.out
> Error accessing memory address 0x6d7884: Invalid argument.
> (gdb) quit
>
> And this happens for whatever program I try to compile.

and I just tried this under -current (with the same short test prog.
posted by Raoul) and got:

bash$ cc -g t.c
bash$ gdb a.out
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.13 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x16cb: file t.c, line 4.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /tmp/a.out
reading register eip (#8): Bad address.
(gdb)

Huh ?!? What's this sh*t ? When did this start to happen ? Who changed what
where ? Mommy !

I'll try to look into it.

Gary J