Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:10:57 -0400
From:      "Normand A. Leclerc" <nospam@ele.etsmtl.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.2 ftape & pca0 problems

Hi,

    I am having two problems, one being critical, the other well, fun
fun fun.

    The first one is that my FreeBSD 3.2 won`t configure my floppy tape
drive.  I enabled the flag 1 on the fdc0 line and tried two things:
putting ft0 on drive 2 (as specified in the FAQ) and since it didn`t
work, I tried drive 1 (I don`t have a second floppy drive and the tape
drive is on connector B).

    The floppy drive is enabled in bios (tried to disable it anyways).
Whenever I try to access the drive I get the famous `device not
configured` message...  Could it be that Travan tapes are not recognized

as QIC? Before toying around with the source, I'd like to try everything

I can.

    My second problem is that the pca0 is always busy.  I don`t have the

speaker pseudo-device enabled.  The command I try to test it is simply
ls /dev > /dev/pcaudio ...  This machine is a 486-100 ...  Maybe it's
too basic to use this device? ;)

I can't see anything wrong.  I hope you guys can help!

Normand Leclerc
lecn1306@ele.etsmtl.ca