Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 1996 22:47:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Kirchner <dpk@eskimo.com>
To:        Luis Verissimo <licau@ebs06.eb.uah.edu>
Cc:        "Freeman P. Pascal IV" <pascal@pascal.org>, FreeBSD Hackers list <hackers@freebsd.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unexplained segfaults in 2.1.0-RELEASE

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996, Luis Verissimo wrote:

> I have a 486DX4-100 machine running FreeBSD-2.1R. I experienced the same
> problems. I had to disable both the internal and external caches, of my
> machine. It then worked find.
>
> I have another 486DX2-66 older machine, that keeps getting those signals,
> even with both caches disabled.

	That problem happened to me as well, those wouldn't happen to be AMD
CPU's would they? Mine is a 486DX4-120 and I didn't only get segfaults, I
got drive errors. AMD suggests in the FAQ it's due to people overclocking
their CPUs, but I haven't done that personally. They also say if you put
the clock back to normal, it'll work again.

	I'm Cc:'ing this to questions and hackers, feel free to change the
Cc list if you want. =)

-- David Kirchner
-- dpk@eskimo.com