Date:      Fri, 20 May 2022 10:38:50 +0200
From:      Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Zpool with latest feature com.delpfix:head_errlog can not be booted from.

I did upgrade my FreeBSD Current and with that i updated my storage pool
and my zroot pool.
I did add the new gptboot code on the disk. After the reboot i can not
boot anymore.

So i did reinstall the os on one disk of the old zroot mirror pool and
did leave the second untouched.

Then i can import the pools.
If i boot with the latest snapshot ISO
(FreeBSD-14.0-CURRENT-amd64-20220519-716fd348e01-255696-disc1.iso) i see
the following when i boot.

BIOS drive A: is fd0
BIOS drive B: is fd1
<SNAP>
BIOS drive K: is disk9
ZFS: unsupported feature: com.delpfix:head_errlog
ZFS: pool zroot is not supported
ZFS: unsupported feature: com.delpfix:head_errlog
ZFS: pool storage is not supported
BIOS 624kB/2000420kB available memory

Then the OS is loaded, if i then go to the shell of the installer and do
a zpool import, ik can import the pool zroot and storage. So this
snapshot has the latest ZFS version with the com.delpfix:head_errlog
feature. So it looks like the bootloader is not able to use the new
feature and thus renders your system unbootable.

regards
Johan